2017 NNOG Conference
April 26 – April 28, 2017
Salt River Project (SRP) and El Paso Electric (EPE) are hosting the 2017 Nuclear Nonoperating Owners Group (NNOG) conference on April 26-28, 2017, at The Renaissance Hotel in Phoenix, Arizona.
The NNOG conference provides opportunities to learn about the commercial nuclear industry and the challenges facing non-operating owners. The conference will cover an overview of nuclear industry issues and, after the conference, attendees will have current knowledge of technical and accounting issues facing non-operating owners of nuclear plants. Specific areas of knowledge will include plant oversight and regulatory concerns. The conference agenda covers technical, auditing and accounting issues, and the material is suitable for those with all levels of industry knowledge. The learning objectives are that conference participants will learn to identify regulatory and technical issues facing their plants and be able to formulate strategies to address those issues. There are no prerequisites or advance preparation necessary to attend the NNOG conference. The program delivery is “group live.”
This year’s conference features two-and-a-half days of first-class presentations, discussions and a reception on Wednesday evening to promote networking among nuclear colleagues. Attendees can expect to receive approximately 17 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits for attending all conference events. As with past conferences, a pre-conference tour is planned for Tuesday, April 25, 2017. This tour will feature an onsite tour of the Palo Verde Nuclear facility.
The Renaissance Downtown Hotel is steps away from the light rail, which offers eco-friendly transportation to Phoenix and Tempe’s top attractions, as well as the airport. It is steps away from the best downtown Phoenix has to offer including the historic Orpheum Theater, restaurants, night life and museums.
The Renaissance Hotel has extended the conference rate of $249 per night for the conference, including 2 days prior and after the conference dates. Guests can make reservations by calling 1-602-333-000 and use the “NNO” code for the NNOG Conference group hosted by Salt River Project.
Scheduled speakers for this year’s conference include:
- Steve West, Deputy Director- Nuclear Safety, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Scott Morris, Deputy Regional Administrator for NRC in Region IV
- Joe Pollack, Vice President Nuclear Operations, Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI)
- Greg Lindamood, Nuclear Coordinator, Santee Cooper
- Daniel McGarvey, CPCU, ARM, Managing Director, Marsh
- Kelly Mediate, Manager of Strategic Programs, Westinghouse Electric Company
- Jeff Isakson, Vice President -Business Operations, AREVA
- Randy Tropasso, Manager Emerging Issues, Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO)
- Craig Stover, Technical Leader – Advanced Nuclear Technology, Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI )
- Dan Aschenbach, Senior Vice President, Moody’s Rating Agency
- Dave Opitz, Nuclear Finance Manager, Southern California Edison
- Mike McGough, Chief Commercial Officer, NuScale Power
- Adam Christopher, Statistical Analyst, TradeTech
- Venki Venkateshwara, Vice President, Pace Global
- Eric Shouse, Site Representative, El Paso Electric
Attendees are encouraged to monitor NNOG’s website (www.nnog.com) for a detailed agenda and conference updates.