2016 NNOG Conference
April 26 – April 29, 2016
Florida Municipal Power Agency (FMPA) is hosting the 2016 Nuclear Nonoperating Owners Group (NNOG) conference on April 26-29, 2016, at The Embassy Suites – Jamaican Court in Orlando, FL.
The NNOG conference provides opportunities to learn about the commercial nuclear industry and the challenges facing non-operating owners. The conference will cover an overview of nuclear industry issues and, after the conference, attendees will have current knowledge of technical and accounting issues facing non-operating owners of nuclear plants. Specific areas of knowledge will include plant oversight and regulatory concerns. The conference agenda covers technical, auditing and accounting issues, and the material is suitable for those with all levels of industry knowledge. The learning objectives are that conference participants will learn to identify regulatory and technical issues facing their plants and be able to formulate strategies to address those issues. There are no prerequisites or advance preparation necessary to attend the NNOG conference. The program delivery is “group live.”
This year’s conference features two-and-a-half days of first-class presentations, discussions and a reception on Wednesday evening to promote networking among nuclear colleagues. Attendees can expect to receive approximately 17 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits for attending all conference events. As with past conferences, a pre-conference tour is planned for Tuesday, April 26, 2016. This tour will feature a behind the scenes tour of Disney’s Magic Kingdom that highlights quality control and assurance. Additional adult guests will be permitted to attend the Magic Kingdom preconference tour if space is available.
The Embassy Suites – Jamaican Court is just steps away from International Drive where attendees can discover exciting shopping, dining and entertainment. Enjoy the I-Ride Trolley along International Drive, which stops at Orlando’s famous outlet malls on the North end and Sea World on the South end of International Drive. The hotel is a proud Universal Orlando® Partner Hotel that provides complimentary scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando® Resort. The hotel is less than eight miles from Walt Disney World® Resort, including Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios®. Please visit www.visitorlando.com for more information about Orlando.
The Embassy Suites has extended a special rate of $139 per night for the conference, including 2 days prior and after the conference dates. This Embassy Suites Orlando International Drive hotel offers a free cooked-to-order breakfast each morning and a complimentary evening reception to overnight guests. Guests can make reservations by calling 1-800-871-5831 and use the “NNO” group code.
Scheduled speakers for this year’s conference include:
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commissioner William Ostendorff
- Len Wert, Deputy Regional Administrator for NRC in Region II
- Alex Flint, Senior VP, Governmental Affairs, Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI)
- Greg Lindamood, Nuclear Coordinator, Santee Cooper
- Daniel McGarvey, CPCU, ARM, Managing Director, Marsh
- Matt Dryden, Vice President – Americas Region, Westinghouse Electric Company
- Thomas Magette, Managing Director, CP&I, PwC
- Randy Tropasso, Manager Emerging Issues, Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO)
- Craig Stover, Technical Leader – Advanced Nuclear Technology, Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI )
- Bill Gross, Senior Project Manager, Nuclear Energy Institute (NEI)
- Jim Haried, Senior Manager, Assurance Services, Climate Change & Sustainability Services, Ernst & Young
- Mike McGough, Chief Commercial Officer, NuScale Power
- Adam Christopher, Statistical Analyst, TradeTech
- Venki Venkateshwara, Vice President, Pace Global
- Pierre O’Neid, Senior VP & Chief Nuclear Officer, Holtec International
- Rich Popp, Contract Compliance Audit and Risk Manager – Florida Municipal Power Agency
Attendees are encouraged to monitor NNOG’s website (www.nnog.com) for a detailed agenda and conference updates.